November 4, 2011
Camilla in New York
“Smile at the world and the world will smile back at you.”
Name: Camilla Hansen
Hometown: Bramming, Denmark
Current Location: New York
Day Job: Plus-size model and a volunteer for a dog rescue
Daily Uniform: Comfortable and curve-enhancing
I have a few: Shoes (quite a lot, actually..)
In the kitchen, I swear by: Some knives my dad got me.
Taste I couldn’t live without: Bacon
Most incredible dinner out: Too many to even name just one.
If I could cook for anyone: I miss both my grandmothers a great deal (one died in ’98 and one in ’09) and if I could choose to cook for anyone it would be them, and it would definitely be something Italian, my favorite.
I’m dying to go to: Thailand, Vietnam & Paris
Top 5 (OK, 6) Meals:
1. The panzerotti at Luini’s in Milan
2. Anything my mom and dad cook in Denmark.
3. Bacon-wrapped olives and dates at Alta in New York.
4. The special burger at Peels in New York.
5. Hotdogs and tater tots at PDT in New York.
6. Fries at Westville Chelsea in New York.
My motto: When my grandmother was alive, she used to always tell me: “Smile at the world and the world will smile back at you.”