Name: Erin Kathryn ”Kat” Berkery
Hometown: Beautiful Santa Ana, California
Day Job: I design comfy cozies for P.J. Salvage in Orange County
Daily Uniform: During the summer, bathing suits at all times. The rest of the time, linen T-shirts, Levis cut-offs, boots and my favorite Middle-Eastern-looking carpet coat.
I have a few: Baby avocado trees.
In the kitchen, I swear by: My 3 and 8 cast iron pans. (Turns out it’s hard to teach roommates about seasoning pans and why you can’t use dish soap…)
Taste I couldn’t live without: Salt! Himalayan Pink, Hawaiian Red Gold, Black Lava, fleur de sel, Salt is magical.
Best dinner out: My good friend Patrick Lloyd took me and my boyfriend out for our birthdays at Mastro’s Steakhouse. Alaskan King Crab Black Truffle Gnocchi? YES, PLEASE!
If I could cook for anyone: I love cooking a huge southern breakfast for my friends after a particularly wild night out. Biscuits and Gravy from scratch can cure anything.
Top 5 Meals:
1. Bronte burger with avocado from Rubys Café in New York
2. Pollo Rostizado Torta from La Esquina in New York
3. Aoli and Parmesan Bread Salad from Cafe Gitane in New York
4. Pork Soup Dumplings from Shanghai Café in New York
5. The Big D pizza at L’asso in New York
My Motto: Don’t talk about fight club.