This weekend I’m staying at my friend’s Ben and Pensiri’s country home in Millbrook which is about a two-hour drive from Manhattan. In between watching episodes of ’My Fair Wedding’ and eating loads of everything (no seriously – everything) we managed to sneak a few cranberry butter cookies and a shot of sherry at the local hunt. Here are a few pics and our favorite cookie recipe from Epicurious which is kinda the perfect treat for Fall!
Anyway, that’s it for now. Let me know what’s cooking in your world.
The Even Better with a Shot of Sherry Cranberry Butter Cookies
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp powdered milk
dried cranberries & crushed walnuts to taste
2. Add egg yolk
3. Add flour, powdered milk and baking powdered
4. Add cranberries and crushed walnuts
5. Roll the dough into a tube. The diameter of the tube should be cookie-sized.
6. Saran-wrap the dough and let sit in the freezer until hardened.
7. Slice dough into 1/4 inch sections
8. Bake cookies at 350F for approx. 20min or until a light brown colour.