The Hemsley Sisters’ TOP 10 Tips on
Hostessing and Throwing an Amazing Dinner Party
1. Do an instant starter, a pre-prepared pudding and a one pot main course with a load of condiments to suit all tastes.
2. Do as much as possible in advance – It’s really hard to entertain and cook at the same time.
3. Get your table and the drinks ready as a priority – I never do and it’s a real faff.
4. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone – people usually like the stuff they think they don’t.
5. Unless you’re a domestic goddess steer clear of getting fancy.
6. Choose something that you like to cook and you like to eat.
7. Again, prepare what you can in advance! This is super important!
8. Don’t be shy to give a guest a job to do.
9. Let everyone help themselves as plating up for everyone is an unnecessary stress.
10. Have fun – being cooked for is such a treat,everyone is going to love it!