Menu: Okra and Spinach Stuffed Tilapia with a Carrot Cabbage Slaw, Fried Sweet Plantains, Black Beans and White Rice
Cocktail: Passionfruit-Lime Gin Cocktail Summer Time and the Living’s Easy
Name: Javana Mundy
Current Location: Brooklyn, NY – America’s Jamrock
Day Job: Actress & Jeweler by day, Miss Lily’s Server by night
Daily Uniform: Whatever I feel brings good vibes for me and to the people! Lots of tribal prints, bright color, mixed print and pattern.
I have a few: Glass wine bottles to house water, flowers or incense.
In the kitchen, I swear by: My spices and cilantro. Bland food is never an option.
Most incredible dinner out: There are so many! I really love food in kind of an obsessive way, but anywhere I’m with good friends is best.
Hidden talents: I love to sing. You might think people would know, but I never utilize it since my first career move was in fashion. I’ve studied the arts, so now that I’m back in school for theater, it’s just like going back to the place called home.
I’m dying to go to: Japan!! My kindred country, I just know it!
If I could cook for anyone: I’d cook for my late Aunt Karen. She was one of my favorite people in the world. She taught me not to be scared of food, and that it’s meant to be fun.
My TOP 5 Restaurants:
1. Hangar Steak with Fries and Green Beans at Atmosphere in Atlanta, Georgia
2. Banging ass Crab Cakes with Chipotle Sauce and Blood Orange Mimosas at Rose Water in Brooklyn (Best brunch ever! A guy got major points for taking me here on a date.)
3. Jerk Chicken at Mckenzie’s in Brooklyn
4. Pearl Sugar Waffles at the Waffle Cabin in Killington, VT
5. Lobster Jaquitos at Miss Lily’s in NYC
My motto in life: Trending at the moment: YOLO (You Only Live Once) with an added so live with no regrets!