Name: Elizabeth Kott
Dish made: Seared Cauliflower with Curry Compote and a glass of champagne with a bit of St. Germaine and pomegranate garnish
Hometown: Bloomfield Village, Michigan
Current Location: West Hollywood, CA
Daily Uniform: Cotton Citizen tee, jeans, bare feet when I work. When out – I add black wedges and a chunky knit
I have a few: Thank you notes to write
In the kitchen, I swear by: An immersion blender
The taste I can’t live without: Sriracha and anything almond
What’s on your Thanksgiving menu this year?
Every year I make Ina’s Banana Pumpkin Mousse Torte (I omit the banana part). This year I’ll also have this cauliflower dish in tow. I plan to multiply the recipe and quarter the cauliflower slices to serve it family-style.
Favorite holiday dish/drink/indulgence?
Without a doubt the morning-after-Thanksgiving sandwich – leftovers from the night before piled on fresh challa. Nothing better.
Top 3 Favorite items in your closet?
I’m dying to go to: Northern Michigan to relax and be in nature.
Currently on the dinner party playlist: Get it on Spotify!
My TOP 5 Meals
1. Breakfast Salad (with a side of Honey Chipotle Sauce) at Hugo’s in West Hollywood
2. Shwarma Pita at Beirut Express, London
3. Banana Almond Shake with Coconut Milk from Beverly Hills Juice Company in LA
4. Blueberry Steak from Aqua al 2 in Florence, Italy
5. Turkey Sandwich from Gurney’s Harbor Bottle Shop in Harbor Springs, Michigan
My motto in life: Everything is as it should be.
7 Fun Facts about Elizabeth
1. I’m obsessed with searching for things on Etsy – but I’ve only actually bought from the site 3 times.
2. My favorite show is House Hunters International.
3. I always wanted to be a hairstylist – it’s my fallback career.
4. My 3 favorite celebrities are Ru Paul, Ina Garten and Bill Maher
5. When I was 18, I was a singer and dancer in a cabaret act in Chicago
6. In my opinion, Woolly Pockets rival the iPad as best modern-day invention
7. I played Peter Pan in my senior year in high school – and got to fly.
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup raw whole almonds
1/3 cup dried apricots – cut in small pieces
1/2 cup fresh croutons
1 cluster grapes – cut in half
1cup grape seed oil
1 tsp Curry powder
3 sprigs Thyme
1 clove Garlic
1 T Butter
-Slice cauliflower lengthwise at thickest point keeping florets attached to the stem
-Sear cauliflower in skillet over high heat with 1T grapeseed oil.
-In separate pan toast almonds in remaining grapeseed oil over medium heat.
-Strain the nuts from the oil when the nuts are golden and toasted.
-Add butter and curry powdery to pan and toast curry powder in simmering butter until aroma is prevalent
-Then add grapes, apricots, thyme, roasted nuts, parsley, and garlic
-Tectify flavor with salt and lemon juice/zest according to desired level of taste.
-Pour compote over cauliflower and voila ta da!