February 21, 2013
Juni Ross’ Valentine’s Dinner by Fat Cheeks
Aphrodisiacs and tongue-teasers...
Amuse-Bouche: Oyster & Champagne Soup
Appetizer: Crab Cocktail with Cucumber Jelly & Avocado
Entree: Herb-Crusted Fillet of Hebridean Salmon with Crushed Olives, Capers, and Potatoes with a Tomato Vinaigrette
Dessert: White Chocolate & Lime Cheesecake and Raspberry Compote
Grey Goose Fizz (to whet the appetite)
Will-He-Bonk-Ya In the Chocolate Factory (chocolate martini)
Filthy Martini (dirty olive martini, except dirtier)
Picante Diva (tequila, cucumber juice, lime, coriander, chilli)
Love Transfusion (gin, tonic, mint, elderflower)
The Playlist1. Djemba Djemba, Don’t Stop
Hostess: Juni Ross of Fat Cheeks
The Event: Fat Cheeks Love Bites: A pop-up dinner and dance for Valentine’s Day, featuring our fav London ladies Jasmine & Melissa Hemsley!
Location: Hidden photo studio in the heart of Shoreditch, London
Table Setting: White tablecloths. Candelabras. Champagne buckets.
Guest List: 90 for dinner, 120 for dancing
Juni’s TOP TIPS for a Sexy Good Time
1. Appoint a LOVE AMBASSADOR: Someone to be lovely and over-the-top charming to all guests, paying overzealous compliments to men and women!
2. Liquid Diet: The soup course was served in tiny shot glasses, the appetizer in margarita glasses. Bottoms up!
3. Sharing is Caring: Salmon was served family-style, so everyone had to get to know their neighbors. Chatting up strangers is easy when food is involved..!
4. Set the Mood: Go the extra mile to put people in the romantic way- curtains to make the space feel intimate, pink lighting, and Marilyn Monroe film clips playing in the background.
5. Serve with a Twist: Customized drinks (even if you pick just one) make everyone more excited to try a sip. Or three.
Stay tuned for the Oyster & Champagne Soup recipe!
xx Sous Style