“The real CAKE isn’t HAVING what you want, it’s DOING what you want.”
Happy 27th Gaga!
Brownie and Honeycomb Ice Cream Cake With Fudge Sauce
by The Food Dept.
Makes 1 x 20cm cake, serves 8
• 200g butter, roughly diced
• 150g dark chocolate – 70% cocoa, roughly chopped
• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1½ cups brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 x 1 litre tubs good quality vanilla ice cream
• 2 x 130g bags honey comb, (1 pkt cut into 1cm pieces and the other bag for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (360ºF). Grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice pan.
2. Combine the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir until butter and chocolate have melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and add the cooled chocolate mixture. Place the flour into a mixing bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into the prepared slice pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
5. Remove from the pan and cut a circle using a 20cm spring form pan as a guide. Grease and line the spring form pan, ensuring the lining extends at least 5cm above the rim of the pan. Place the circle of brownie in the base, set aside.
6. Soften the ice cream and tip into a large mixing bowl. Cut up the remaining fudge brownie into 1cm pieces and mix that with the chopped honeycomb through the softened ice cream.
7. Pour over the fudge brownie base in the spring form pan and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
8. Unmold and serve with Chocolate fudge sauce and extra honeycomb.