April 22, 2013
FLASHBACK! Olivier in the West Village
A Frenchman who loves his mom, expensive red wine and has a sexy backyard... Best life ever?
Name: Olivier Van Themsche
Dish: Rabbit in mustard sauce with grilled corn and halved tomatoes
Current Location: NYC
Day Job: CEO of The Cools
Daily Uniform: Keep it casual
In the kitchen, I swear by: Mamaaaa!
The taste I couldn’t live without: Dijon mustard
I have a few: Friends
Best thing about Paris: The romanticism
Best thing about New York: The energy
Most incredible dinner out: The dinner in the desert my friends organize for my birthday every year at Burning Man
Go-to travel destination: Los Roques, off the coast of Caracas, Venezuela
The ‘Cool’est thing about what I do is: Reinventing myself everyday
My TOP 5 Meals
1. Crab Salad at Maison du Caviar in Paris
2. Pigeon Pastilla at Foundouck in Marrakech
3. Salade Pampelonne at Club 55 in St Tropez
4. Sweet Pea Summer Pie with mint & creme fraiche at The Fat Radish in NY
5. Macaroni & Cheese with Truffle at Waverly Inn in NY
My motto: Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken.