March 5, 2014
Alice’s Bean Salad Recipe
7 steps to salad heaven
Who said cooking isn’t art? This morning’s pin-up, Alice Lancaster, mixes colors for this salad, filled with bright red tomatoes, green cucumbers, and creamy garbanzo beans. Why did Alice choose to make a salad? “because its fresh and healthy. When we asked Alice why she chose to make a salad, she said “There’s a fat girl inside me who only wants to eat donuts so I need to lay down the law and eat healthy sometimes.” RT if you feel her, like we do!
Garbanzo Bean Salad
1 can garbanzo beans
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 red onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1. Squeeze the juice of three lemons into your serving bowl.
2. Add the minced garlic and olive oil
3. Chop the cucumber and red onion and add to the bowl
4. Strain one can of garbanzo beans. Add to bowl with remaining ingredients.
6. Sprinkle parsley on top to garnish
7. Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving
Photography by Darcy Rogers