April 14, 2014
Easter Brunch at Charles’
Forget the Easter Bunny & egg hunts...
… We know all you girls want for Easter is a delicious Male Monday! So what’s on the menu? Eggs in a basket of greens, roasted asparagus, waffles, and broiled grapefruit! Oh, and did we mention Charles? Hmm? His shopping list and recipes below!
Organic greens. Pre-washed is easiest: Kale, chard, spinach or combo
Salt and pepper
Niman ranch or other good bacon
Organic maple syrup
Waffle mix or ingredients
Muffin tin if you don’t have one with big cups, not mini (12 to pan)
Grapefruit knife (serrated on both sides to section grapefruit)
Assorted herbs for eggs, if desired
Eggs in Basket of Greens:
1. Coat inside of muffin tins with butter
2. Saute bacon till partially cooked but still bendable. Save pan with bacon grease. Wrap around inside of muffin cup, one piece bacon per cup.
3. Crack egg into muffin cup, one per cup.
4. Bake eggs in pre-heated oven 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes (poke them to see if they are as you like them after 15 min)
5. Saute greens in the leftover bacon grease (pour some off if there is too much) till tender but not too soft… set aside till eggs are done.
6. When ready to serve, warm up greens, make bed of greens on round serving dish in shape of circle, then gently place eggs on top of greens after you have carefully removed them from muffin tins… salt and pepper to taste… there you go! Eggs in a Basket of Greens!
1. Wash asparagus and break of an inch or two of touch ends
2. Place on cookie sheet
3. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and cook in oven while cooking eggs
4. Cook till tender but not mushy.
5. Salt to taste
1. Cut grapefruit in half
2. Section grapefruit, going around each section with new knife :). Do this ahead of time so you are not messing with it when you are busy cooking
3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon
4. Place on cookie sheet and place under broiler for just a few minutes
Photography by Jonathan Hokklo